WHY MIGRATE TO THE UK?
- The fifth-strongest economy in the world
- Top universities in the world with high QS rankings
- Free healthcare for permanent residents
- High quality of living
- 1.3 million job vacancies
UK SKILLED WORKER VISA
The UK Skilled Worker visa was introduced to bring in highly skilled overseas workers into the UK labor market and subsequently take up permanent residence in the UK.
With this visa, skilled workers from other countries can be selected based on the shortage occupation list and they will be eligible to get an offer letter without the labor market test and stay in the UK for up to 5 years.
BENEFITS OF THE VISA:
- Visa holders can bring dependents on the visa
- Spouse is allowed to work on the visa
- No cap on the number of people who can move to the UK on the visa
- Minimum salary requirement has been reduced to £25600 from threshold of £30000
- Fast Track Visas will be provided for healthcare professionals like doctors and nurses
OUTLOOK OF UK IMMIGRATION PLAN
In this year, there will be major opportunities for UK immigration. The country plans new routes such as Global Business Mobility and Scale-up. It will introduce new visa categories and consolidate or modify some existing offerings. The new High Potential Individual visa would provide user-friendly access.
- High Potential Individual route: It is a visa for students who have graduated from a top global university. It allows them to enter the UK without a job offer and work without restrictions, offering them the possibility to settle in the country if they meet certain criteria.
- Scale-up route: It is a visa for talented candidates having a job offer from a qualified scale-up.
Simplifying the Innovator route: Introduction of a fast-track program for businesses with growth potential
Allowing more flexible options for funding and an opportunity for the applicant to work outside the primary business
- Global Business Mobility: New Global Business Mobility route for overseas businesses
The UK government has laid out all these plans as it aims to make the UK a global innovation hub by 2035. The introduction of this new fast-track visa for recruiting overseas talent would be “very important or vital” for the growth of its economy and employment.
Apart from these, the country is also facing labor shortages in many areas and hence it will rely on UK immigration for highly skilled foreign nationals.
MOST POPULAR WAYS TO MIGRATE TO THE UK
With profound knowledge of UK immigration policies, Y-Axis offers you expert guidance and counsels you on all necessary procedures and requirements to increase your chances of migrating to the UK from India.
Though there are many pathways for UK immigration, the most trusted and successful paths include:
- Migrate through Work Visa – UK skilled migration
- Migrate through Student Route
- Migrating through Family Visa
- Migrating through UK Business Visa
- Migrating through a UK Investor visa
The UK government urges skilled professionals to work in the UK under the Tier 2 visa program to gain a competitive edge. This program allows job seekers to check the occupations in the Tier 2 Shortage Occupation List and apply for them based on their eligibility criteria.
The most in-demand sectors include:
To apply for the skilled workers’ program in the UK, the applicant must gain a UK work permit.
Later, they need to apply for the Skilled Worker Visas if the candidates are offered skilled jobs in the UK. They should earn a minimum wage of £25,600 to apply for Skilled Worker Visas, or based on the occupations or the ‘ongoing rate.’
NEW UK IMMIGRATION POINTS-BASED ASSESSMENT SYSTEM
The UK launched the new UK immigration points-based system in January 2021. The eligibility criteria for the UK skilled migration depend on the ‘new points-based UK Visa system.’ It measures eligibility by taking into consideration various factors to assess candidates’ skills for the UK work visa.
The points scored based on the UK New Points-based System decide the eligibility for the work visa.
To qualify for the UK work visa, the candidate should score a minimum of 70 points. If the candidate has an approved job offer for a skilled job and can speak fluent English, she/he will be awarded 50 points.
The candidate can gain the remaining 20 points if the salary being offered is at least £25,600 per year. The candidates can earn extra points if they have higher qualifications:
- 10 points for a relevant PhD
- 20 points for a PhD in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) disciplines
- 20 points for a job offer in the skill shortages stream
- Few jobs such as health or education will earn them 20 points even if their pay is less than £25,600
UK Skilled Worker Visa
The UK Skilled Worker Visa is what you need if you are a non-EU national as well as a skilled professional wanting to reside and be employed in the UK. This visa has replaced the earlier Tier 2 (General) Work Visa.
It has to be noted that if an EU national who is your relative has started to live in the UK before December 31, 2020, such a person can lodge an application to the free EU Settlement Scheme.
- You must have a score of 70 points to qualify in the defined parameters like specific skills, qualifications, salaries and professions.
- You need to have a Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 2 years of skilled work experience from the eligible occupations list
- You must have a job offer from a Home Office licensed sponsor
- The job offer must be at the required skill level – RQF 3 or above (A Level and equivalent)
- You must meet the English Language requirement at B1 level in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- You should also meet the general salary threshold of £25,600 or the specific salary requirement for the occupation or the ‘going rate’.
The following documents will be required at the time of applying for a UK Skilled Worker visa:
- The applicant’s Certificate of Sponsorship [CoS] reference number
- Proof of knowledge of the English language
- A valid passport [or other documents that establishes the applicant’s nationality and identity]
- Job title
- Annual salary
- Occupation code of the job
- Name of the employer
- The sponsor licence number of the employer
JOBS ON THE UK SHORTAGE OCCUPATION LIST [SOL]
If a candidate has their job on the SOL, they can be paid 80% of the “going rate” for their job in order to qualify for the UK Skilled Worker visa.
Job types included on the shortage occupations list
Health services and public health managers and directors – all jobs
Residential, day and domiciliary care managers and proprietors – all jobs
Chemical scientists – only jobs in the nuclear industry
Biological scientists and biochemists – all jobs
Physical scientists – only the following jobs in the construction-related ground engineering industry: engineering geologist, hydrogeologist, geophysicist
Physical scientists – only the following jobs in the oil and gas industry: geophysicist, geoscientist, geologist, geochemist technical services manager in the decommissioning and waste areas of the nuclear industry senior resource geologist and staff geologist in the mining sector
Social and humanities scientists – only archaeologists
Civil engineers – all jobs
Mechanical engineers – all jobs
Electrical engineers – all jobs
Electronics engineers – all jobs
Design and development engineers – all jobs
Production and process engineers – all jobs
Engineering professionals not elsewhere classified – all jobs
IT business analysts, architects and systems designers – all jobs
Programmers and software development professionals – all jobs
Web design and development professionals – all jobs
Information technology and communications professionals not elsewhere classified – only cyber security specialists
Veterinarians – all jobs
Actuaries, economists and statisticians – only bio-informaticians and informaticians
Architects – all jobs
Quality control and planning engineers – all jobs
Laboratory technicians – all jobs
Artists – all jobs
Dancers and choreographers – only skilled classical ballet dancers or skilled contemporary dancers who meet the standard required by internationally recognised UK ballet or contemporary dance companies. The company must be endorsed as being internationally recognised by a UK industry body such as the Arts Councils (of England, Scotland or Wales).
Musicians – only skilled orchestral musicians who are leaders, principals, sub-principals or numbered string positions, and who meet the standard required by internationally recognised UK orchestras. The orchestra must a full member of the Association of British Orchestras.
Arts officers, producers and directors – all jobs
Graphic designers – all jobs
Welding trades – only high integrity pipe welders, where the job requires 3 or more years’ related on-the-job experience. This experience must not have been gained through illegal working.
Care workers and home carers – private households or individuals (other than sole traders sponsoring someone to work for their business) cannot sponsor Skilled Worker applicants
Senior care workers – all jobs
Healthcare and education occupations have a different shortage occupation list –
|Occupation code||Job types included|
|2211||Medical practitioners – all jobs|
|2212||Psychologists – all jobs|
|2217||Medical radiographers – all jobs|
|2222||Occupational therapists – all jobs|
|2223||Speech and language therapists – all jobs|
|2231||Nurses – all jobs|
|2314||Secondary education teaching professionals [only teachers in maths, physics, science (where an element of physics will be taught), computer science and Mandarin]|
|2315||Primary and nursery education teaching professionals – only Gaelic medium teachers|
|2442||Social workers – all jobs|
|3213||Paramedics – all jobs|
VISA FEE DETAILS
- Application Fees for stay up to 3 years – 610 pounds
- Application Fees for stay more than 3 years stay-1,220 pounds
- Application Fees if your job is in Shortage Occupation List for stay up to 3 years) – 464 pounds
- Application Fees (f job in Shortage Occupation List and you wish to stay for more than three years 928 pounds
- UK NARIC Fees 49.50 pounds
- UK NARIC – 140 Pounds + VAT
Apart from the application fees you will have to pay a health surcharge of 624 pounds per year of stay when you apply which will be refunded in case your application is rejected
MIGRATE THROUGH STUDENT ROUTE
The UK is next only to the US as the most favored destination for foreign students. The UK is home to the best-ranked universities in the world, some of which make it to the top of the world university rankings.
Many sectors of higher education in the United Kingdom, such as engineering, business, management, art, design, and law, are among the best in the world.
Every year, more than 600,000 international students arrive in the country to pursue various academic programs, beginning from bachelor’s degrees to PhDs. The degrees that the UK higher educational institutions offer are recognized worldwide. Students who study in UK universities get an opportunity to develop competent skills and earn valuable knowledge.
Students can pursue post-graduate studies in most of the universities in the UK as some of them even promise sponsorship of Tier 4 visas. Obtaining a UK Student Visa helps you put your best foot forward, in terms of a brilliant career post your UK study.
The academic year in the UK lasts from September to July. Generally, universities and colleges in the UK have three intakes. Some of them might also refer to intake as a term.
The three intakes in the UK are:
Intake 1: Term 1 – Commencing in September/October, it is the major intake
Intake 2: Term 2 – The intake commencing in January/February is also available
Intake 3: Term 3 – Commencing in May/June, it is available for select courses.
UK family visas are a type of UK entry and residence authorizations that are granted to those who want to settle with their family members permanently in the UK.
UK FAMILY VISA
There are a few ways in which you can get a UK family visa:
- As a spouse or partner of a UK resident.
- As a parent of a UK resident.
- As a child of a UK resident.
- As a sick, disabled, or aged relative in need of long-term care from a UK resident.
- On the basis of private life.
- As a widowed partner of a former UK resident.
- As a separated spouse or partner.
UK INVESTMENT VISA
The UK Investment Visa is a Tier 1 visa, part of the UK Points Based System, offered to wealthy individuals who are willing to invest a minimum of £2 million in the UK. The higher the amount of money invested, the quicker the individual can apply for settlement and eventually obtains British citizenship.
For high-net-worth individuals wanting to settle in the UK, the following are the most suitable alternatives:
- Innovator visa
- Global talent visa
- Scale Up visa
HOW TO OBTAIN UK PR VISA?
UK permanent resident status provides any individual an opportunity to live and work in the UK indefinitely. Interested persons need to acquire this permit to work or carry out business in the UK, without any time limit on their stay or restrictions on immigration.
REQUIREMENTS FOR UK PR VISA
To get UK PR, one has to live in the UK for five years under one of the following categories:
- Tier 1
- Tier 2 of the points-based system: for the overseas skilled professionals who have valid job offers in the United Kingdom
- International students and Research fellows
- Representatives of a news agency, overseas newspaper, PR agency, or broadcasting organization
- The private servant in the household of a diplomat
- Domestic worker in a private household
- Overseas government employee
- The self-employed lawyer or solicitor
- UK ancestry
- Highly skilled migrants under the Highly Skilled Migrant Program (HSMP)
- Retired person of independent means
- The sole representative of an overseas firm
- One can also apply for UK PR if that individual has a family member or a partner who is a British citizen.
UK PR VISA FEE
It costs £2389 for an individual applicant by post. Application in person might cost slightly higher but the advantage of this method is that a decision is taken on the same day without a six-month wait.
LATEST IMMIGRATION NEWS
UK has become Indians favourite destination
Indian citizens have received around 103,000 work visas by the end of June 2022, which is a 148% increase compared to the previous year. Indians have been granted (46%) skilled work visas globally. India stands top in receiving work visas worldwide.
For more information, also read…
UK grants 118,000 study visas & 103,000 work visas to Indians in June 2022: 150% increase from 2021
New Scale Up visa system announced by UK Government
The UK introduces a new immigration program called the ‘new Scale Up visa system’ to boost innovative businesses in the country that are highly skilled and academic scholars. This way top talent is been encouraged.
For the candidates to be eligible for a Scale-Up visa, he/she requires a sponsor whereas the sponsor must also meet specific criteria to be eligible to sponsor the workers under scale-up.
Read more on…
A to Z guide on UK’s new Scale-up visa
All you need to know about super priority and priority visas
The UK Government has announced the priority and super priority visas over the regular visa to speed up the processing of regular student visas. The super priority visa costs around £800. This super priority price works over the regular student visa application fees and the decision will be out in a day. The priority visa costs an extra amount of £500. The decision will be out in five days.
For complete information, also read…
Get UK study visa in 24 hrs: All you need to know about priority visas
UK Home Office announced ‘NO Police verification required for international students’
The British authorities have done away with the rule of international students in UK to register with the local police officials. The United Kingdom has removed its directive for international students to submit their detail to the local police department.
Police registration not needed for international students in UK
India’s BA, MA degrees get’s equal weightage to the UK
The MoU says Indian Senior Secondary School / Pre-University Certificates are treated suitable into the UK higher education institutions. The Free Trade Agreement (FTA) will get signed by August 31 after the discussions are locked.
From now onwards, the Indian degrees as considered as equal to UK degrees. With those degree, the foreign applicants eligible for employment. With this step, 90% of foreign graduates will get benefited. The Bachelor and Masters degrees like BA, MA and Science graduates like BSc, MSc in India will be treated equivalent. Online courses will also be considered under this MoU.
Indian degrees (BA, MA) to get equal weightage in the UK
How can Y-Axis assists you?
JOB SEARCH SERVICES
Y-Axis makes your UK job search easy!
UK, the best place for skilled professionals to work and settle. With deep knowledge of the UK immigration and work policies, Y-Axis offers you superior guidance and counsel you on all necessary procedures and requirements to increase your chances to work and migrate to UK.
Our impeccable job search services include:
- Eligibility check to work in UK
You can check your eligibility to work in UK through Y-Axis UK immigration points calculator
- LinkedIn marketing
Y-Axis LinkedIn Marketing services helps to create a better first impression through our LinkedIn Marketing Services. We guide you in every step to create a compelling LinkedIn profile that gives overseas recruiters the confidence to reach you.
- Expert counseling on job roles and responsibilities
While seeking jobs and careers overseas the most important question is, if the current roles and responsibilities match the requirement overseas.
Get step by step guide to work in UK. Y-Path is a personalised approach which assists in making a life changing decision. Millions of people transform their lives dramatically when they work or study abroad and you can too.
- Jobs in UK
Check with Y-Axis overseas jobs page to get the latest updates on active job openings in the UK. There is a huge demand for skilled professionals across the world. Over the years, Y-Axis has built up the knowledge and understanding of global economic trends to help our clients make the right decision about working abroad.
*Check out the latest jobs in UK, with the help of Y-Axis professionals.
RESUME WRITING SERVICES
Y-Axis resume writing services, makes your profile stand out!
Our resume writing services assist you to boost your interview chances in the age of technologically backed, digitally-screened resumes. It’s pertinent that your professional resume highlights your inimitable skills and experiences and accentuates why you’d make impressive employee, but they also need to be ATS friendly and written to make you stand out on a global recruitment platform.
With Y-Axis Resume Writing Services, you can rest assured that your resume checks all the below criteria:
- ATS friendly
- Adequate relevant industry keywords
- Format in line with international standards
- Appealing language that is relevant to your role
- Well-structured to guide the recruiter
- Showcasing your professional strengths
- Proofread and quality checked to be error-free and well written
Our Resume Writing services:
- Resume Delivery within 4-5 business days
- An Expert for consultation
- CV written by 10+ Years of writers
- ATS optimized and tested
- Word and PDF document
- Up to 2 document revisions
- A Cover Letter that covers your professional summary
A LinkedIn Makeover In line with the resume