WHY VISIT THE UK?
- Breath-taking views
- Fascinating history
- Stay in the UK for 6 months
- Impressive artwork
- Pleasant dining experience
- Sporting events
VISIT & STAY IN THE UK FOR UP TO 6 MONTHS
Take a holiday or visit your friends and family in the UK with a ‘UK visit visa’. The UK visit visa is known as the Standard Visit Visa and is used by millions of visitors to the UK for their travel. Y-Axis can help you get your documentation and application right and increase your chances of getting the visa.
UK VISIT VISA – AN OVERVIEW
The UK visit visa is officially referred to as the UK Standard Visitor Visa.With a Standard Visitor visa, you can do any of the following in the UK –
- Excellent holiday spot
- Plan your vacation
- Meet your family & friends
- Attend a conference or a meeting
- Attend an interview
- Volunteer for up to 30 days with a registered charity
- Take part in a school exchange programme
- Study in an accredited UK institution (for up to six months), do a placement or appear for an exam
- Take up a recreational course (such as a dance course) for up to 30 days
- For medical reasons
- An academic from an academic institution overseas can take part in formal exchange arrangements or carry out their own research during a sabbatical
- A dentist or senior doctor can take part in research, teach, or undertake clinical practice (as long as it’s not on a permanent basis)
If you need a prior visa to visit the UK (depending on your nationality), the Standard Visitor visa will have to be applied for online, before traveling to the UK. The earliest that you can apply is three months before the date of your intended travel to the UK. A Standard Visitor visa costs £95 for up to 6 months.Generally, you can stay in the UK for up to six months as a standard visitor. You might be able to apply for a longer stay under certain circumstances. A long-term visit visa (multiple entries) visa for the UK allows multiple visits of up to six months at a time across a period of two years, five years, or ten years.
REQUIREMENTS FOR UK VISITOR VISA
The documentation required for the UK visit visa includes:
- Personal details
- Salary and financial details
- Travel itinerary and travel history
- Proof that you can fund your stay adequately
- Proof that you can pay for your air travel to and from the UK
- Proof that you will leave the UK at the end of the visit
WHEN TO APPLY
Apply for the visa at least three months before your intended date of travel.
DURATION OF STAY
You can stay for up to six months on this visa. You can extend your stay if you have come to the UK for private medical treatment by paying additional charges.
You can also extend your stay if you are in the country to attend an academic program.
LONG –TERM VISITOR VISA
If you need to visit the country for a longer period, you can apply for the long-term Standard Visitor visa with duration of either 2, 5 or 10 years. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months during every visit.
HOW Y-AXIS CAN HELP YOU?
Y-Axis is one of the world’s leading visa and immigration companies. Our experience and expertise in the UK immigration process makes us your partner of choice for your visa application. Our teams will help you with:
- Immigration documents checklist
- Complete application processing
- Forms, documentation & application filing
- Updates & follow up
Talk to a Y-Axis visa consultant to get your process underway today.