GERMANY EMPLOYMENT VISA
Germany is a popular destination for jobseekers across the world. The reasons include a fast-growing economy, job opportunities in various sectors, and competitive salaries.
Germany is looking for skilled workers in several sectors; the government offers various work visa options for international workers.
WHY SETTLE IN GERMANY?
- Strong Economy: Germany has one of the strongest economies in Europe, offering numerous job opportunities and a high standard of living.
- Quality of Life: Germany is known for its high quality of life, including well-funded health care, education and social security systems.
- Cultural Diversity: Germany is a culturally diverse country that is known for its tolerance and respect for different cultures.
- Location: Germany’s central location in Europe makes it an ideal base for exploring the continent.
- Education: Germany is home for the world’s top universities, making it an attractive destination for students and professionals seeking advanced degrees.
- Work-Life Balance: Germany places a high value on work-life balance, with laws in place to ensure that employees have access to flexible working hours and paid time off.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN GERMANY, 2023
- Computer science / IT and software development
- Electronics engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Account management and business analytics
- Nursing and Healthcare
- Civil engineering and architecture
The below table gives you all the information about the 26 designations and the number of job opportunities along with the average salaries offered.
Active No of Jobs
Salary in Euro per Year
Full Stack Engineer/Developer
Front End Engineer/Developer
Business analyst, product owner
Cyber Security Analyst, Cyber security engineer, cyber security specialist
Construction engineer, Civil engineer, architect, project manager
Customer Contact Representative, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Officer
Chef, commis-chef, sous chef, cook
HR Manager, HR Coordinator, HR Generalist, HR Recruiter
Data Engineering, SQL, Tableau, Apache Spark, Python (Programming Language
Test engineer, software test engineer, Quality engineer
Digital Strategist, Marketing Analyst, Marketing Consultant, Social Media Marketing Manager, Growth Specialist, Sale Manager
Project Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer,
Mechanical Engineer, Service Engineer
Electrical Engineer, Project engineer, Controls engineer
Manager, Director pharma, Clinical Research, Drug Development
Data Science Engineer
Back End Engineer
TOP IN-DEMAND OCCUPATIONS IN GERMANY IN 2023
Germany is an attractive destination for skilled international workers. It helps them develop their careers fruitfully. Moreover, Germany has Europe’s strongest economy and is one of the world’s top.
Since Germany is in dire need of skilled and qualified workers from overseas countries, it attracts immigrants from all over the world. If you are a skilled professional, explore the below top in-demand occupations in Germany and choose the one that suits you:
|Occupation||Annual salary (Euros)|
|Information Technology||€ 43,396|
|Sales & Marketing||€ 33,703|
|Childcare & Education||€ 33,325|
|Construction & Maintenance||€ 30,598|
|Accounting & Administration||€ 26,498|
|Shipping & Manufacturing||€ 24,463|
|Food services||€ 24,279|
|Retail & Customer service||€ 23,916|
|Healthcare & Social services||€ 23,569|
|Hotel Industry||€ 21,513|
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING A WORK PERMIT
Recognition of your qualifications by German authorities: when applying for positions in Germany, you must not only submit evidence of your professional and educational qualifications, but you must also have your professional skills recognized by German authorities. For regulated professions like doctors, nurses, and teachers, this is critical. For this aim, the German government runs a website.
Knowledge of German: If you have some knowledge of the language, you will have an advantage over other job seekers. You will have a good chance of finding job here if you have the necessary school qualifications, work experience, and a basic grasp of German (B2 or C1). For expert occupations such as research and development, however, knowledge of German is not required.
The good news is that IELTS isn’t required for employment in Germany.
The English language requirements, on the other hand, may vary depending on the work. If your job needs you to travel to other countries, you will need to be fluent in English.
A basic understanding of German, on the other hand, will increase your work prospects.
WORK VISA FOR NON-EU RESIDENTS
Non- EU residents must apply for a work visa and a residence permit before travelling to Germany. They must approach the German embassy or consulate in their country. Their application must include the following:
- Job offer letter from the firm in Germany
- Valid passport
- Annexure for an employment permit
- Certificates of academic qualification
- Certificates of work experience
- Approval letter from the Federal Employment Agency
EU BLUE CARD
Individuals are eligible for the EU Blue card if they have a graduate or undergraduate degree from a recognized university and a job with an annual gross salary of 52,000 Euros (as of 2018) in Germany before moving there.
Individuals who have graduated from a German university or are a highly skilled professional in the field of either mathematics, IT, life sciences or engineering or are a medical professional are also eligible. The conditions are you must earn a salary comparable to German workers.
Privileges of EU Blue Card:
- Allowed to stay in Germany for four years
- Eligible for permanent residency after two or three years
- Spouse and children are eligible to come with you
- Family members eligible for work permit
BRINGING YOUR FAMILY ON A WORK VISA
You must meet the following requirements if you wish to bring your family to Germany with you:
Your children must be under the age of eighteen.
Your salary must be sufficient to support you and your family.
You must be able to provide for your family’s needs.
HOW CAN Y-AXIS HELP YOU?
- Advise you on the documentation that will be required for the visa
- Advise you on how the funds needed for the visa need to be shown
- Complete the application process
- Review your documents needed for the visa application