WORK IN CANADA AS A SKILLED TRADESPERSON
Are you a tradesperson with experience in plumbing, electrical, construction, maintenance, HVAC, agriculture, cooking, bakery or manufacturing works? The Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program invites tradespersons from across the world to come work and settle in Canada. One of the world’s most developed countries, Canada is facing a shortfall of tradespeople and this is your opportunity. Y-Axis can help you identify your approach to this program and assist you at every step of your application.
CANADA FEDERAL SKILLED TRADES PROGRAM DETAILS
The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for skilled workers who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade. As long as you meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as per the National Occupational Classification, and can meet the minimum eligibility criteria, you are in a great position to apply for the FSTP Program. The key features of this program are:
- Get Invited by IRCC with CRS as low as 199
- More than 100 designated trades and occupations
- Applicants are not required to prove their level of education to enter the pool.
- Great opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in Provinces like Ontario, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
The documentation required for the Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program includes:
- Current passport and travel history
- Meet the required language levels
- Must have spent at least 2 out of the past 5 years in your trade
- Your trade must fall under the National Occupationnel Classification list
- While there is no educational requirement having a Canadian education or equivalent foreign credential can improve your Express Entry ranking
- Police clearance certificate
- Other supporting documents
HOW Y-AXIS CAN HELP YOU?
Y-Axis offers end-to-end support to help make your application process smoother. Our services include:
- Immigration documents checklist
- Complete application processing
- Forms, documentation & application filing
- Updates & follow up
- Job search services
- Relocation and post-landing support in Canada
Y-Axis has helped thousands of individuals work and settles abroad. Rely on our proven processes to help you through your Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program process.
F A Q
Through Express Entry which manages the applications for 3 economic immigration programs –
- Federal Skilled Trades Program [FSTP]
- Canadian Experience Class [CEC]
- Federal Skilled Worker Program [FSWP]
To increase your chances of being invited to apply for Canada PR – When in the Express Entry pool, lodge Expression of Interest [EOI] with provinces/territories that are part of the Provincial Nominee Program [PNP].
Generally, proof of funds is needed when applying under FSWP or FSTP.
But, no proof of settlement funds is needed if the applicant –
- Currently has work authorization in Canada, and
- Has a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.
Do note that both conditions must be met.
Occupations that come under FSTP all require Skill Type B as per the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification [NOC].
A one-year full-time work offer from a Canadian company or a certificate of qualification from a provincial, territorial, or federal governing authority.
The Canadian Language Benchmark offers a language competency score in either French or English (CLB).
Within the last five years, you must have worked full-time for at least two years.
You must be able to demonstrate that you meet the job criteria of your skilled profession.
Unless you have a valid job offer or can legally work in Canada, proof of sufficient funds for you and your family to settle in Canada.
There is no educational requirement for FSTP.
Even if there are no education requirements, an applicant who wants to earn points for his CRS score under the Express Entry system must provide:
- Proof of education- Canadian High School or Post-Secondary certificate, diploma or degree
- International applicants with a foreign degree must provide an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC
An online application management system, Express Entry is used by the federal Government of Canada for managing applications for Canadian permanent residence from skilled workers that want to settle in Canada.
Commonly referred to as simply the FSTP, the Federal Skilled Trades Program is one of the three economic immigration programs of Canada that are handled through the Express Entry system.